Sailor Moon English Forum (SMEF)
Welcome on the Sailor Moon English Forum.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please LOG IN if you are already a member, or REGISTER to our free online community if you're not...

Sailor Moon English Forum (SMEF)

Your leading source for Sailor Moon Anime-Manga

WEBsiteHomeGalleryCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog inContuct Form
Control Panel

Your profile

Information

Preference

Signature

Social

Friends and Foes

Memberlist

Groups

Private messages

Inbox

PM sent

Other

Topic is being watched

Similar topics
Latest topics
» What was your last song you listened to
Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:18 pm by MegaMoonLiner

» If you have cash enough where do you choose te live
Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:44 pm by Aklian

» Sailor Moon papercrafts!
Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:35 am by MegaMoonLiner

» Leo's Gallery
Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:12 pm by Aklian

» FBI closed the megaupload
Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:46 pm by MegaMoonLiner

» Count to a Million
Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:36 pm by MegaMoonLiner

» MASSIVE NEWS!! NEW SAILOR MOON ANIME!!
Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:15 am by MegaMoonLiner

» Moon Kingdom Navy (MKN) YAMATO
Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:29 am by MegaMoonLiner

» I am back!
Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:10 pm by MegaMoonLiner

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Opinion on the anime??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MissMina<3
Who is that masked man?

Female
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Opinion on the anime??   Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:46 am

There are many things i love about the anime and a few things i dont like

obviously i liked the overall story (courtesy of the manga) and how for the most part it stuck true to the manga. When translated i liked how it was designed, like the colours and effects used. i also quite enjoyed the score which was used in the original Japanese manga (not the score of the english version, it had no attitude and was repetative and boring). I also like the humour that was added into both the Japanese and English versions. The Japanese humour was more my style, but the English version did have some whitty comments at times which i thouroughly enjoyed

what i disliked is the ommission of characters (in particular the later seasons, sailor stars) and tweaking the character profile's when adapting the manga into anime. An example of this which me and my friends noticed was with mamoru. In the manga he was an alright character but in the anime, he is lame (many words could be used here but i chose this for censoring reasons) and is given the super power of throwing roses as a weapon.

So what did everyone else like/dislike?
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/lala.bec.xoxo
YoruAtemu
Usagi waking up!

Female
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on the anime??   Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:00 am

Yeah I have to laugh at Mamoru, his power was so funny, but I mean come on, he was in a tux what kind of power could they really have given him... what I did enjoy was the face that they gave him a crystal similar to sailor moon in the manga but they did not in the anime. It appeared to me that they took it out which made me said because his golden crystal was awesome!!!!

The anime itself had a lot of twist that made me wonder such as some of the plots that they twisted together to make the anime was to different from the manga though they would have to stir off a little to come up with so many episodes considering the manga's weren't that long. I wish they would have went a little more into details with the hair thing that keep happen in the manga thou I guess it really doesn't mater.

I really really loved how the outfits looked in the manga it actually kind of shocked me that when they drew the dumbed it down a little but I guess that much detail would have just freaked them out.....
Back to top Go down
http://tia-no-yume.webs.com
Blu3Th1nk3r
Follow the leader!

Female
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on the anime??   Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:11 am

Well I liked Mamoru a lot cause I love romance stories, but while I read your opinions it made me think that actually he didn't have much of a role in the Anime. At the first seasons he was for just 5 minutes (when he protected sailor moon and when she called her dumpling). And also in the sailor stars season i didn't realise from the beginning that his died :p ...

Whereas my favourite parts on the anime were on R and Sailor Stars season! These are also my favourite seasons! I liked the whole story and they had really funny moments!

I wished sailor moon would be aired again on TV!

Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan.110mb.com
MissMina<3
Who is that masked man?

Female

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on the anime??   Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:29 am

I agree, but the Japanese company that has the rights to Sailor Moon won't sell them unless they get the price which is waayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much

I want to add that i loved Mamoru in the manga, because A) he had an actual power B) His role was important. In the anime, he is left out of so many major fights so the focus is on sailor moon which was kind of annoying because the manga was great so why change it

I wish Pluto was featured more in Sailor Moon R...that would have been amazing!!
Back to top Go down
David12
A new star moon is born!

Male
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on the anime??   Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:50 am

The animation itself has a twist that I like, twist them together to make the animation is different from the comics, but they will have to stir up the arrival of a little episode with so many circumstances to consider a lot of comics that some people do not wonder very long .
Back to top Go down
PrincessSerenity1022
A new star moon is born!

Female
Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on the anime??   Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:14 pm

I really liked the anime mostly because it was my first exposure to SM Smile haha I just recently started reading the mangas and I'm starting to like those a little more and I wish the anime would have stayed truer to the manga. Although, I've only seen the English dub and a little bit of stars so I have yet to compare it to the Japanese version Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarnagon
Crescent
Crescent

Male
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on the anime??   Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:57 am

I just like Anime, because it's has a amazing special cute style. And I like the story's.
Back to top Go down
http://chibi-dream.weebly.com/
MissMina<3
Who is that masked man?

Female

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on the anime??   Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:16 pm

PrincessSerenity1022 wrote:
I really liked the anime mostly because it was my first exposure to SM Smile haha I just recently started reading the mangas and I'm starting to like those a little more and I wish the anime would have stayed truer to the manga. Although, I've only seen the English dub and a little bit of stars so I have yet to compare it to the Japanese version Smile

I was the same. The reason why the manga and the anime is so different is because for the latter seasons, the anime was made before the manga was released at some points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on the anime??   Today at 7:11 am

Back to top Go down

Opinion on the anime??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1